All children 6 years and up are going to be required to wear masks while they are in our care. This is in order to comply with local ISD guidelines. We will continue to require parents or guardians who are dropping off or picking up their children at a Stepping Stone School campus to wear masks and maintain a 6-foot distance from each other. You will be seeing additional signs and social distancing stickers outside of our campuses to ensure these requirements are being maintained. All teachers and administrators are also required to wear masks at all times.
Stepping Stone School will continue to do all we have been doing to ensure the safety, security and health of the children in our care. All of the high-level sanitization practices that have been in effect for the last four and a half months will continue. We will also continue to serve children their food individually, not family style. We will continue with the same disinfection procedures and health screening in our vehicles as we instituted in March.
We have purchased our own electrostatic sprayers and a CDC registered and approved, non-toxic disinfectant to mist areas of our schools if we think there is any chance that a positive COVID-19 staff or child has been present. This is the latest state-of-the-art process for disinfecting and killing germs and is being recommended by the top national early care and education professional organizations in the country.
Stepping Stone School is committed to your peace of mind. You can be sure your children are well cared for, loved and their health and safety are being guarded at the highest level possible!
Exceeding Health Standards
Providing a learning environment that is clean, secure and healthy is our number-one priority!
- DAILY sanitation of kitchens, classrooms, toys, & shelves!
- DAILY whole building sanitation including playgrounds.
- Comprehensive sanitation and cleaning of every surface multiple times throughout the day!
- Filtration systems that ensure fresh, clean air is circulated through the school.
- CDC approved, Eco-friendly antimicrobial and non-irritating cleaning solutions.
- HEPA-filtered vacuuming of buildings daily at the close of business.
- Infant room air-purification systems to ensure fresh clean environments.
- Sanitary hand washing procedures and shoe covers worn in all the infant classrooms.
- State-of-the-Art sanitary practices.
- TB test verification of all staff.
- Ill children are cared for in the Principal’s office while awaiting pickup.
- CPR and first-aid certified staff and instructors.