Safety & Security
At Stepping Stone School, the safety and health of our students and families are the foundation on which everything rests. Providing a learning environment that is clean, secure and healthy is our number-one priority.
Security is #1
Our outstanding safety measures give parents comfort and confidence. Our safeguards include:
- Video cameras in each classroom providing real-time video feed at a color monitor located in the welcome area or the principal’s office.
- 24/7 video surveillance of the front entry points at each campus.
- Background, FBI-fingerprint and criminal-history checks on all teachers
- Staff ID badges
- Stringent name-to-face transition procedures to ensure each child is accounted for at key points throughout the day
- Child check alarms in all vehicles transporting children
- CPR and first-aid certified staff and instructors
- Outdoor canopies with 98% UV protection
- Age-appropriate outdoor playgrounds, usually positioned behind the building and a safe distance from surrounding streets and parking lots and enclosed by privacy fencing.
- A well-documented, thorough and secure emergency plan is in place at all times.
Much like most banks, our campus principals are equipped with an emergency alert pendant that allows them an instant connection to 911 and emergency services.